Grandma’s little ‘Krishna’ #KheerWrites

Today was no different from any other regular day of my routine. It has become a habit now to look at my photo wall I created in my room as I wake up; like a routine. I feel peaceful even when I do nothing but stare at those photographs remembering the good times I had which created a lasting memory. Today, looking at those pictures, I saw a photo of my younger self. I was all dressed up as little Krishna; it was clicked on the day of “krishnashtami”. As today happens to be ‘krishnashtami’, for a moment I was taken back in time; time when I had a little chat with my grandma couple of years back, when we discussed about the same photo.

telerik_edited_image (6).jpg

It’s been a year now since her demise but I still feel like her presence is not lost, she is still with us in our hearts I feel. Couple of years back on one of our loving talks, I asked her about the details of that day; when they dressed me up as kanhanji (Little Krishna). It was then I came to know that my grandma did all that! She enjoyed and loved each and every moment of that day she spent in dressing me up, just to see my like that; I was her kannaya (Bal Gopal)… For her, I was the most beautiful girl ever born (I must confess, she is the only one who ever thought so!).

I always knew we loved and cared for each other a lot but that day I felt may be my love for her was nothing compared to what she felt for me. “She is the one who saw me grow from an infant to an adult after all!” I thought…

My flash of memories ended and I was there…sitting in front of my photo wall starting at that photo with tears rolling down my cheek and a smile on my face.

Life is strange indeed!

For a moment, life gives us all the happy moments we ever wished for…and in a second takes it all away, leaving us empty-handed…!

Linking up with #Mondaymusings hosted by Everyday Gyaan

Mondaymusings-1

and #MicroBlogMondays hosted stirrup queens

Microblog_Mondays

27 thoughts on “Grandma’s little ‘Krishna’ #KheerWrites

1. Mali says:

How lovely that you have those photos that remind you of love and good times and your much-loved Grandmother. I’m sorry that the tears flowed, but the smiles you felt at the same time are so precious. In the future, the tears will flow less, but the gratitude and love you feel won’t diminish. Lovely post. (And you were very cute in the photo!)

Liked by 1 person

2. Vinay Leo R. says:

I know how easily memories can be triggered. I live that too, and be it a photo or a book quote, something or the other does remind me he’s gone. It’ll prick, but yes, it’ll bring joys too. And that’s important. To know and understand that you had a lot of happy moments with them. Take care, Keerthi.

Liked by 1 person

3. Shalzmojo says:

Thats such an adorable pic and I love the blue of that fabric a lot- very unique shade- dont see it so much these days.
    Grandparents sure do know how to pamper a lot – I lost both my grandmoms when i was 5-7 and so dont remember them too well. I dont remember them pampering me, tho I am sure they must have.
    Treasure your memories of her – for they are indeed precious and a very happy Janamashtami to you! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. saumynagayach says:

Happy Janmashtami, Keerthi! I know it’s impossible to hold onto your loved ones forever but that is why they leave us with some beautiful memories to make them remembered in your happy and not-so-happy times. Loved the post. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Abhijith Padmakumar says:

It was such a great read Keerthi 😊. I enjoyed your post so much and it reminded me of the time I spent with my grams 😊. Thank you for the post. Loved it so much !! 👍

Liked by 1 person

• Abhijith Padmakumar says:

You are welcome 😊. Your blog is really awesome and inspiring. You have a great gift within you.Please continue blogging and inspire people around you 😊. And if you can please do visit my blog and let me know about it. It would be really helpful 😊. This is the link to my blog

http:// authorabhijith.com

Liked by 1 person

• Keerthi Vydyula says:

Thanks once again for kind words. It was my friend who inspired me to write, not sure if my post are inspiring to others 😛 but i took lot of inspiration from my friend 🙂 . Sure thing Abhijith, I will visit your blog.

Liked by 1 person

• Abhijith Padmakumar says:

That’s so great Keerthi and I am so proud that you are able to inspire others 😊. Thank you so much for your visiting to my blog, it’s really an honour 😊

Liked by 1 person